CBD v’s THC
Cannabis and Marijuana products have always been popular, some legal, some not. They are from a plant called Cannabis, and are full of compounds known as cannabinoids. There is well over 100 of these chemicals in cannabis. It is known to have a drug like effect on your body.
CBD and THC are in both marijuana and hemp, although marijuana contains more THC than hemp, and hemp has more CBD.
Although CBD and THC are similar, I am going to explain some of the differences.
- THC binds with receptors within the brain. These control pain, mood and various other feelings.
- THC is the psychoactive compound which is what gives people the feeling they are ‘high’.
- CBD will not cause that same feeling. It works with other elements in your body, leaving you feeling uplifted, and give you a sense of well-being.
- CBD can be taken to help prevent various illnesses such as Arthritis, Diabetes and MS. Although there is little scientific evidence to prove this.
- CBD has also been known to help people with anxiety, insomnia and pain. Some people use CBD in their vape or tablet form, and swear by the benefits.
- FDA has approved CBD based drugs, including epilepsy but not THC, which is still illegal in this country, and has been since 1928.